Wednesday 10 July 2024

The Tingle's Garden

Mr Ernest Tingle and his wife Nellie Blanch (nee Lewis) were prominent members of the Carey Bay Community in the early to mid 20th Century. Many of their activities were reported in local newspapers.

The following article from The Newcastle Sun on 21 October 1933 indicates that the Tingles were committed to the garden at their home Caringal in Carey Bay.

Unfortunately I have not yet been able to identify the exact location of the Tingle's property, Caringal. 



1933 'HOME GARDENS COMPETITION', 
The Newcastle Sun (NSW : 1918 - 1954), 21 October, p. 2. , viewed 10 Jul 2024, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article165069847


2 comments:

  1. I love this Jill. The writing is so descriptive that I can see this beautiful garden in my mind. It sounds to me very much like what we would call a cottage garden these days. When I had a huge garden I had many of these plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer - for the first comment on this blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I would especially like to hear from people with connections to or information about Carey Bay